Manpuku, Kingsford

Hello readers! :p Speaking about weather, Sydney is getting warmer, I guess I'd need to ditch my winter coats and start looking for some cold dishes to enjoy and review. Any recommendations? :)

Today I'm going to review a small ramen place in Kingsford named Manpuku. It was a busy Saturday night and luckily we didn't have to wait to get seated.

Kono deaini kanshashite aijou to jonetsu komete isshoukenmei tsukutta
 uchirano icchan sukina manpuku shiawase ramen ($12.90)

No, I didn't make up the name, ok? I think this dish is called shiawase ramen in short. Good strategy to get customers to order this one (I was one of the victims haha). The broth is surprisingly not too thick, I personally prefer it this way. Most of the ramens that we ordered have same components, e.g. pork belly, egg, shallot, cabbage and seaweed sheet, but this one has bamboo shoot and bean sprout in replacement of the cabbage.

Manpuku black ($13.90)

Still the same soy based pork soup but with added garlic puree for a slightly bitter-but-delish taste.

Manpuku red ($13.90)

Feeling intimidated by the red colour? Yes, this is the hot chilli flavour pork soup ramen. It also comes with an additional serving of chilli condiment. If you're not a quite chilli tolerant person, better avoid this one (unless you don't drink the broth).

Tonkotsu shoyu ($12.90)

Lastly, this broth tastes egg-ier and thicker than the shiawase. I quite like this one as well.

Le brochure

Ramen = collagen = anti aging ingredient (how in the world did I miss this??)

Small but cosy

Le toilet - clean, but what is it on the wall?

Upon closer look - Lul whut????

Overall, this place serves decent ramen. Been here twice already and so far been enjoying the experience. Will definitely return again in the future.

Food:
Price:
Ambiance:
Service:

Manpuku on Urbanspoon




1 comments:

  1. It sounds like you prefer light soup type of ramen? You can try Tenkomori near the green tea ice cream place on George St. You might have tried or know about the place already. The only thing I don't like about it is the toppings. It's too little for me hah

    ReplyDelete

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers