Jeans Chilli Chicken, Eastwood

I felt nervous visiting this place for the third time. I know for a fact that I'm in no way a chilli lover, so to visit this place for the third time was kinda a surprise even for myself. Obviously, this place is a hit within my circle of friends (yes, they all can eat chillies like some sort of snack, no joke).

Wedges with sweet chilli and sour cream sauce ($6)

For starter, we had these wedges to share.

  Ginseng fried chicken ($32)

I quite liked this chicken dish as it was crispy and wasn't too spicy either.

 Honey fried chicken ($32)

On another side note, this one was a bit too sweet to my liking, however the sweetness kinda balanced the spiciness of the dish so this dish was still quite enjoyable.

Chilly chicken with cheese ($34)

Don't be fooled by the look of the melted cheese goodness on top. This dish was definitely the hottest of all the other dishes we'd ordered. I could only have 2 small pieces of this dish because my chilli tolerance is kinda low.

 Grilled chilli eels ($30)

This was also one of my favorites. The eels were cooked nicely. The meat was tender, the sauce was also on balance. A perfect match for the rice ball.

DIY seaweed rice ball ($7)

If you order this dish up, there 2 kinds of it: 7 bucks if you make the balls yourself (like pictured above), or, 10 bucks if you want the staff to prepare it for you. Come on, it's more fun to do it yourself, aye?

Back to the review, the rice ball is seriously my life safer. I don't think I would be able to finish my dish if it wasn't for this rice. Since most of the menu are spicy, if we mix them with the rice it will tame the hotness, hence the dish will feel more bearable (or edible).

Overall, this place is a go to place for anyone who likes spicy food. The restaurant space is pretty big with outdoor option available. Speaking about price, they are on the pricier side so better go in a group for wider dish options without breaking the bank.

Food:
Price:
Ambiance:
Service:

Jeans Chilli Chicken on Urbanspoon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers