Asian Snacks: Ramune, 7D Dried Mangoes, Tae Kae Noi

Been collecting various asian snacks to be reviewed. Most of the items in this post were bought from Daiso store (everything costs $2.80 each! Woohoo~), except for Ramune glass bottle and Tae Kae Noi.

Ramu Bottle - Grape ($2.80)

Upon opening the cap, I could smell this burst of artificial grape-y air coming out of this bottle. It was so strong to the point I think it smelled almost like alcohol. Honestly I don't quite like the smell that much. I did try to taste the drink, and bleghh.. it was not good (dead serious). It didn't taste like grape at all, it was more towards bubblegum kind of taste, which I don't fancy. So after 2 gulps, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to chuck this down the bin. Sorry ramu grape!

Ramu Bottle - Melon Soda ($2.80)

This was definitely better than the grape one. The drink did taste like melon mixed with fizzy soda water. Quite refreshing.

Ramune

The last drink tasted like a Sprite :p

Personally, I rarely drink soda. Even if I do, I usually only have Coca Cola or Solo (Australian brand of lemon soda). This time, I did get these for a taste drive and see if they're any different from the common western ones.

7D Dried Mangoes ($2.80)

This Philippine's snack got picked up at the cashier as it had this sign saying "The Bestselling Snack". Curious, I added it into my basket, wondering what made it the best seller. After testing it, I must say this was a pretty good snack. It had this balance of sweetness and sourness flavour; and also the mango was not too dry and quite meaty as well. However, I never try other brands' dried mangoes and this is a good start :)

Tae Kae Noi Big Sheet Classic

Tae Kae Noi Big Sheet Spicy

Got these two snacks as souvenirs. At first glance, the packaging looks good and eye-catching. Then I opened the pack, and honestly I kinda felt the content was too little (only 1 sheet of seaweed). The person who gave me these also said that she'd usually have about 4 packs at a time.

Close up view of the texture

The seaweed itself tastes nice and is perfectly seasoned, the only let down is, it only has one sheet in a pack. It feels like the packaging costs more than the seaweed, imho. By the way, there is also a movie about Tae Kae Noi's history, titled 'The Billionaire' (วัยรุ่นพันล้าน). The movie itself was pretty inspiring.

Still collecting snacks here and there, more reviews coming soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers