La Mama del Gelato Anita, Chipendalle

Who doesn't love eating awesome gelato? I personally enjoy eating ice cream or gelato more during winter because it doesn't melt as quick as it does during summer.

La Mama del Gelato Anita (or Anita for short) is a new hip gelato place at Central Park Mall (opposite of University of Technology Sydney). I have been to this place too many times, I don't even keep track of the number anymore. This place used to only serve gelato, but now they do frozen yoghurt as well.

Patrons queuing

 The fruity side of gelato

This place is always buzzing with people especially on Friday-Saturday-Sunday nights. People would usually queue up in front of the display, and the staff would give them some samples to try out. The funny thing is that, since I've been to this place a lot of times, I don't usually sample the flavours anymore because I know which one I'm going to buy. But everytime I stand in front of the display, a staff would keep giving me samples and of course, I can't reject them, ok? :p

Here are some of my favourite flavours: ferrero, cookieman, strawberry cheesecake, passion fruit.

The yoghurt toppings display

That day I purposely didn't order the gelato because I wanted to try their frozen yoghurt. I ordered a small cup of froyo, with these following toppings: cookieman to cover the cup base, a few almonds, on top of them there was the yoghurt, then on side there were kiwis, strawberries, and muesli for the last touch.

For your information, the toppings are indeed unlimited so you can always ask the staff for more (as long as it fits the cup).

Small cup of frozen yoghurt ($6)

Tasted the yoghurt and it was the bomb. The toppings were also fresh. The best thing is that this yoghurt is very fulfilling even though it's only a small cup. The price is also very cheap compared to other froyo joints that usually price the yoghurt based on weight. For comparison, at some other froyo place, I usually spend about 10 bucks for the same amount of yoghurt + 1 topping (usually a few bits of mochi).

However, unlike the others, this place only serves original flavour of yoghurt.

In summary, if you are a gelato enthusiast like me, you should definitely try this place. The ambiance is nice, the staff are helpful, also the products are good and fresh. Also, give their froyo a chance too! :)

Food:
Price: 
Ambiance:
Service:

La Mama del Gelato Anita on Urbanspoon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers