Home Thai, CBD

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I'm sorry for being MIA for a while :( Been pretty busy with a lot of stuff the past month. I still can't believe it's October already; man, how time flies!

Without further ado, today I'm going to review one of my personal favourite Thai restaurants: Home.

 Small space, but effective

 Open kitchen - Chefs in action

This popular restaurant is buzzing with patrons every single night, especially around dinner time; so it's best to arrive a bit early (around 6PM) to avoid queue. If you do need to queue, don't forget to put your name on the list and wait until called. Hopefully it won't take long :) The staff here are very efficient and quick so rest assured.

There were 5 of us when we paid a visit to this place and we ordered these dishes:

Chicken pad thai ($12.50)

I personally think we cannot really call it a "Thai themed dinner" if we don't order pad thai or tom yum. If anyone asks me what to order in a Thai restaurant, I'd most probably answer it with the good ol' pad thai dish. That time was no exception, we did order this and totally enjoyed it.

Pad nue nam mhun hoi ($13.90)

Do you guys always feel like "Oh no... I've been having too much meat, I should order some veggie dish"?  Cuz I do. Especially these days, guess what, I think I'm getting conscious about my health (finally lol). This dish is basically steamed broccoli stir fried with mushroom, beef, and oyster sauce.

Tum mua ($12.90)

Yay for another green dish! This is a mixed papaya salad with vermicelli, bean sprouts, pork cracker, pork roll and Thai anchovies. It tastes sour and refreshing. Good as an entrĂ©e as the sourness kinda increases eating appetite.

 Pad pik khing moo grob ($15.50)

Dining at Home is not complete without this dish. Actually this is my most favourite dish from Home; it is stir fried crispy pork belly with green beans, chilli, and lime leaves. I like the crispiness of the pork belly, and the sauce tastes sweet and savoury at the same time. Definitely recommended.

Par thong go ($5.50)

And... it's time for dessert!!! Apart from pad pik khing, this small dessert is so going to be another recommended dish of mine. It is usually referred to as bread stick. I like the accompanying pandan sauce as well and this is best eaten while hot.

Food:
Price:
Ambiance:
Service:

Home Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures you take, and good description as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Josh, thanks for dropping by! Let me know if you have any more inputs :)

      Delete

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers