678 Korean BBQ, Haymarket

I just realised that these days I've been having a lot of Korean/Japanese food. Especially during winter, somehow it makes me want to keep having BBQ or ramen. Don't ask me why :p

Anyways, one day, my friend who is an avid fan of Running Man (an infamous Korean variety show) told me that she wanted to try out this place as she saw some pictures online of a few Korean stars who had been to this restaurant (including Running Man members) when they were visiting Sydney.

Meat grilling in action!

Premium pork shoulder ($19)
 
Chilli marinated pork belly cut ($18)

Soy marinated prime pork short rib ($21)

Since my friend couldn't have beef, so we opted for pork cuts instead. We had pork shoulder, belly which were delish! I personally liked the soy marinated one the most. All the meats were fresh, and charcoal grilling them did enhance their taste.

Eating ala Koreans - The manual

Please ignore the mark on my hand, was swatching some eyeliners before coming here (lol). Be sure to follow these instructions to eating korean way!

A wall full of Korean stars' autographs

Kang Ho Dong

Kang Ho Dong is one of the most famous MCs in Korea. I ain't too sure if he's one of the business owners, partners, or brand ambassadors though. It's hard to miss his cut out poster placed at the entrance.

To summarise, this place serves a high quality korean BBQ. Another thing that I love about this place is that they have a very good exhaust fan on every table, so the smell hardly lingers on clothes afterwards (double thumbs up). Definitely going to come back for their beef :)

Food:
Price: ☆ 
(Yay for $1 bowl of rice!)
Ambiance:
Service:

678 Korean Bbq on Urbanspoon


4 comments:

  1. mmm korean bbq sounds perfect for this chilly weather! new to your blog, ive added you to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suze, thanks for visiting! I actually have been following your blog for quite a while :D

      Delete
  2. ".... so the smell hardly lingers on clothes afterwards."

    The only thing I hate about Korean BBQ and only reason why I try to avoid it is because how the smell stains my clothes, jacket, hair, everything. It's like spraying myself with Korean BBQ smoke perfume lol. I might just try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should visit this one. The meat was delish!

      Delete

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers