Ramen-Kan, Haymarket

This was my third time visit to this small restaurant in the Chinatown area. This place is pretty hidden as patrons need to use stairs because the lift is often broken. Especially during night time, it could be hard to find for the first timers. FYI, this place is on the second level of the building next to Wagaya.

Four of us arrived around 730 on a weekend and the place was not that busy so we could get seats asap. Dived into the menu and we decided to order these:

Kogashi ramen ($10.90)

Karaage chicken curry ramen ($11.50)

Tan Tan ramen ($10.50)

Speaking about portion, I never doubt Ramen-Kan as most of their servings are quite generous, especially their ramens and omurice. I remember last time I ordered omurice and was quite taken aback with the portion and ended up not finishing it -_-;

After tasting our noodles, all of us agreed that the noodles were a bit disappointing. They felt undercooked. Fortunately, they made up for it with a good serving of pork/chicken meats.

Unatama don ($10.90)

 So far I've been saying that their portion is generous and what not. However, that doesn't apply to their rice menus. There were only 5 small grilled eel meat slices, so the one who ordered this didn't particularly like it. Next time better stick to their ramens.

Overall, this place is average. Love the portion and price, food doesn't take long to come out, and most importantly, I always feel super full after having a meal here. Downside would be their rice menus, and the tricky-to-find shop location.

Rating:

Ramen-Kan on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. I had trouble finding this place as well and I agree their servings are quite generous and I feel like I'm in a food coma after eating here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda thanks for dropping by. Totally understand how you feel. Will keep popping up every once in a while for their fulfilling dishes

      Delete

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers