Asian Snacks: Tokyo Banana Tree

I have heard of Tokyo Banana rave for a while now and been wanting to try some. Since I live in Australia, it's a bit difficult to find these in store (well, they are best consumed within 7 days after purchase).

One day, I was strolling around George St and saw an Asian shop that sells these cakes. Thrilled, I then entered the shop and finally purchased one. So here goes the pictures!

A box of 4 Tokyo Banana sponge cakes!

Leaflet inside the box

The individual packaging. Very cute! :D

The chocolate banana custard filling 


Bought this small box of 4 for $16. The bigger box of 8 retails for $29. Pretty expensive for such cute little cakes (even more expensive than Ladurée macarons lol).

Speaking about the taste and texture, the cake is so smooth and the custard is light. I did taste a bit of banana and chocolate, but if I have to summarise it in one word, I'd say: sweet (yeah, just light sweet like sugar).

Not too sure which one is the most popular flavour, but for me, this flavour isn't really worth the hype.

Overall, a light sweet snack, and an expensive one too.

Rating:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers