Western Snacks: Smith's Maxx, Red Rock Deli

Today I'm going to review these chips that are widely available at major supermarkets here in Australia *drumrolls*

I often buy chips when they are on special. Sometimes they could go 2 for $5 or if they're expiring soon, they would go $2 each.

The prices listed below are the non-special ones and only indicative.

Red Rock Deli Honey Soy Chicken 165 gr ($4.61)

 Out of the Red Rock Deli potato chips kinds, personally I like this flavour the best. The next one from the same line is probably the sweet chilli and sour cream (not pictured).

Smith's Maxx Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings 200 gr ($4.73)

 Smith's Maxx Ultimate BBQ Ribs 200 gr ($4.73)

Smith's Maxx Crushed Salt & Vinegar 200 gr ($4.73)

So I usually go for the Smith's original flavour (the plain salted one), and recently they've come up with another line called Smith's Maxx that, I think, target men because the chips are unusually bigger with deeper cuts, not to mention, bigger package as well.

After trying all of the flavours as pictured above, I must admit that I've been swayed. I think this could potentially beat the original flavour. For myself now, I'd sort my faves as Original, closely followed by Maxx Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings and Ultimate BBQ Ribs.

Some of you might think, then what about the Crushed Salt & Vinegar one? Uhh... sorry, but I don't like it. It is too sour and makes me want to stop eating after 4 or 5 pieces. Lol. Probably I'm not used to it? I don't know :p

Stay tuned for another snacks review :D

2 comments:

  1. Tried the Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings pack and didnt think it was that great. The Salt & Vinegar however was awersome. The deeper grooves = more crunch. Thought I'd try it since I'm a man. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nigel, thanks for dropping by. Yes you're a man, I can see from your name :p

      Delete

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers