Chef's Gallery, CBD

Finally the time had arrived for us to try the food at Chef's Gallery. This place is always busy with patrons queuing since 6 PM. We actually had to wait for about half an hour for a table for 3.

Piggy black sesame buns ($8.90)

For the starters, we just had to order this because they were too cute. As funny as it sounded, these piggy buns were actually the only reason I personally wanted to visit this restaurant. Although overpriced (come on, they are only black sesame buns!), I felt like I had accomplished my mission lol.

Macanese style mini burger ($15.90)

These sliders were filled with pork fillet, pork floss, lettuce and a sweet chilli mayo dressing. They were quite delish, but costed a fortune.

As for the mains, hot noodle soup was a given since it was freaking cold outside.

Handmade spinach noodles ($16.90)

This menu was served with marbled beef dipped in a spicy Sichuan soup, bamboo shoots, and carrot sticks. A friend said it was not too spicy despite of the warning written on the menu book.


Handmade noodles with fried pork ribs ($14.90)

The noodles was served in chicken soup with omelette strips and spinach. The fried pork ribs portion was quite generous too (2 pieces).

Handmade noodle with prawn and pork wontons ($14.90)

Same as the above, this menu was also served in chicken soup. Wontons tasted nice and meaty, there were 5 of them. A very warming dish in the middle of cold winter night.

Overall, the noodle menus are the hits. They are very generous with the portion, the handmade noodles are very silky, the price was not too bad either. The downside probably the overpriced piggy buns and the rest of the side dishes, like tofu, green beans, etc (they roughly cost $15-$20).

Rating: 

Chefs Gallery on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

★ About Me

Hi, my name is Ornella and Watermelon is my alias. I am a food blogger based in Sydney, Australia. Food photography is my main reason as to why I started this blog.

I choose the name 'Four Fifth on Food' as the motto is '80% Food and 20% Others'. Yes, I am also planning to write about some other stuff apart from food!

I hope you guys enjoy reading my reviews so far and thanks for the support :)

★ Instagram


Follow me on Instagram @r_ornella

★ Followers